Australian camera and software company Blackmagic Design expands by adding a Super 35 alternative to their Pocket line of cinema cameras.
After achieving great success with their Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro and Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K cameras, the company breaks new ground as they turn to the area right in-between those cameras.
As usual, internal battery life is limited due to the small formfactor — in fact it's rated to 45 minutes of recording 6K raw at 24 frames per second, with the screen brightness set to 50 percent.
The new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K supports the following codecs:
- ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime
- ProRes 422 QuickTime
- ProRes 422 LT QuickTime
- ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Bitrate 3:1
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Bitrate 5:1
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Bitrate 8:1
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Bitrate 12:1
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Quality Q0
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Quality Q5
In the box
If you buy the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, you get the following along with your camera in the box:
- DaVinci Resolve Studio activation key
- LP‑E6 battery
- Power supply of 30w (including international adapters)
- Lens mount dust cap
- Camera strap
- Welcome booklet
- Power: 12 - 20 v
- External Power Supply: 1 x 12v
- External Power Input: 1 x 2-pin locking connector
- Battery Type: Canon LP-E6
- Battery Life: 45 minutes
The camera is available now and is priced at 2,495 USD.